Names / Owners
The first porcelain factory in Upper Silesia was established in 1920 in Szopienice-RoĹşdzieĹ. It was called Oberschlessische Porzellanfabrik Gebhardt & Barabasch. In the same year she was bought by Richard Czuday, who changed its name to Czuday Werke GmbH. The factory produced electrotechnical porcelain and from 1921 it was called Elektroporcelana SA.
51% of the factory's shares were bought in 1923 by the heirs of Georga von Gische, becoming co-owners of the factory, and Richard Czuday ââbecame its director. At the beginning of 1925, production was moved to the rebuilt buildings after the former feed factory in Bogucice. The plant also adopted a new name: Fabryka Porcelany Giesche, dawniej Czuday, and from 1929 (then Czuday ââlaunched its own factory in Ruda ĹlÄ ska-Bykowina) - Giesche Fabryka Porcelany S.A.
During the global crisis, the factory was forced to limit or even stop production for several months. During the German occupation, the factory was called Giesche Porzellanfabrik AG, and after the war it was nationalized and until 1948 it operated under the name Giesche Fabryka Porcelany SA pod zarzÄ dem paĹstwowym (under state administration), and then, in the years 1948-1952, PaĹstwowa Fabryka Porcelany Giesche Katowice.
From 1952, it adopted the name Bogucice Fabryka Porcelany w Katowicach, under which it operated until 1994, when it was closed. In the same year it was bought by Porcelana ĹlÄ ska Sp. z o.o. and after the replacement of the firing kilns and the refurbishment of the plant, it resumed production in February 1995.
- Upper Silesia