Names / Owners
Prince J├│zef Klemens Czartoryski, owner of a porcelain and faience factory in Korzec, succumbing to the persuading of its director Charles Meraud, he transferred the faience production to a new manufactory in Horodnica, where production began on April 1. 1807. Nearby forests provided enough wood for firing kilns, and kaolin clay was taken from the decks lying in Perewo┼║nia and Storo┼╝owa, and later from the mine in D─ůbr├│wka (from which the raw material for the production of porcelain in Korzec came).
After six years, in 1813, the factory had a large wooden factory building with workshops for making earthenware and stoneware dishes, a ceramic mass warehouse, a drying room for finished products, as well as a glazing shop, a grinder, a warehouse for finished products and a small laboratory. The then factory crew came mainly from Korzec and had about 90 employees, but after the liquidation of the factory in Korzec, it was completed by another group of well-trained employees.
After the death of J├│zef Czartoryski in 1810, the Horodnica estate was granted to the third daughter of Prince Czartoryski, Teresa Lubomirska, however, all the daughters inherited the shares in the Horodn├şca factory: Maria Antonina Potocka, Klementyna Sanguszkowa, Teresa Lubomirska, J├│zefina Maria z Czartoryskich Potocka and Celestyna Anna Alina Rzyszczewska. As a result, no one was interested in the fate of the factory, but all the heirs claimed rights to its possible profits. In the end, all the heirs leased the factory to Henryk Lubomirski, husband of Teresa. New furnaces were created at that time, buildings and warehouses were renovated, but disputes over the legal status of the manufactory were still in progress, when Henryk's son, Jerzy Lubomirski, sold a faience factory in 1856 together with the entire estate of Horodnica to Wac┼éaw Rulikowski.
Rulikowski added two porcelain kilns, modernized the plant and started producing porcelain. He also hired many specialists, including: a talented painter Romanowski, as well as a former Wac┼éaw Bytler ceramist who worked previously in Sevres. The technical director was brought from Baran├│wka Jan Grabowski. It was the best period in the history of the manufactory. At the end of 1877 or at the beginning of 1888, the fire almost completely destroyed the factory. Because Rulikowski could not obtain funds for reconstruction, he was forced to sell it. The factory in Horodnica was taken over by Poltawski Bank Ziemski.
In 1880 he bought it Rudolf Bosse and soon sold to Szymon Gi┼╝ycki, from which he bought it again, in 1882 to lease the plant to Fiszel Sussmann, to the landowner and the owner of ceramic plants in Wolhynia, who not only efficiently managed the factory, but built a second plant in Horodnica at the end of the 19th century. Production was developing well, however, the products did not have any artistic value any more.
In 1917, the factory was taken over by the Soviet authorities, which continued production.
- Horodnica (now Ukraine)