Names / Owners
Faience factory founded August SchiÃ¸tt on October 10, 1863 in Christianshavn, with the intention of using prisoners from the local jail as employees. August SchiÃ¸tt died in December 1867. Carl Eduard Beck was the sole owner, but he could not cope with running the factory. Therefore, company management took over Philip Schou in 1868., which already in 1869 it moved to Frederiksberg.
The company grew so rapidly that already in 1882 took over the "Den Kongelige Porcelainsfabrik A/S", which fell into financial and artistic crisis. However, it hampered the development of the production of earthenware to porcelain. They produced only small items of daily use and a little blood, but on a small scale. Attempts to manufacture of artistic faience also did not bring any significant success.
In 1901, Philip Schou handed over the management of to his son-in-lowplants Frederik Dalgas, who for several years was his secretary, and understand all aspects of this business. The artistic director was Harald Slott-MÃ¸ller, with which the factory again caught "wind in the sails" and began to succeed on the market.
In 1969, the factory had ceased to exist as an independent company and has been completely absorbed by the porcelain factory and the historical mark in the form of a letter A (with three horizontal waves), was replaced by words Royal Copenhagen Fajance. Since 1985, the factory is part of the Royal Copenhagen A/S.